CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sewing for Sarah: Swedish Inspired Arpon

 My big brother is getting married and to the sweetest girl in the world! For a recent shower, I decided to make Sarah a Swedish inspired apron.  I'm pretty happy with the result, which has no exposed seams and which I made without a pattern!  My inspiration was the Urban Chic Apron pattern, by Sugar Pie Chic.
 The apron is made of two patterns of duck-cloth, for easy washabilty and no need to line.  It has a pleated skirt and a drawstring neck. 


The tiebacks are folded and topstitched, allowing for Sarah to wear the apron tied in the front or the back (no raw seams here).  The bottom contrast fabric is sewed with a French seam, to eliminate fraying.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That turned out so cute! I hope she loved it. Love the fabric we picked out. :)

Post a Comment