First recipe on the review board: Electric Green Popsicles
Popsicles are fun. They are fun on a stick, really. And, most of the time, they are loaded with sugar, corn syrup and a miriad of other nasties. Even the whole fruit ones typically have added sugar. So, I wanted to find a tasty treat that would be refreshing, healthy, and most of all, delicious. What could be healthier than veggie popsicles?
Here's the recipe I used, adapted from the recipe on Eco Child's Play.
Electric Green Popsicles- yield: 8 Popsicles with a bit to spare
Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
1 medium pineapple (I used one cup of peaches)
2 cups spinach
Water (I used 1 cup of milk)
Blend until smooth and pour into molds. Freeze, then devour.
These were slightly bland for my taste but the manchild loved them. If I were to do it again, I think that I would use pineapple in them, to give them a little "zing". The pretty green color is appealing (reminiscent of lime popsicles). While I am tempted to increase the spinach in them, I don't know that brown popsicles would be eaten with such vigor. Overall though, we'll make these again. Lil G was pretty excited when I told him that he could have a popsicle for breakfast tomorrow :-)




0 comments:
Post a Comment